In order to complete your booking please read and tick the boxes below, enter your booking details and submit.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Harmergreen Wood is referred to in this document as ‘Harmergreen’. A ‘Booking’ refers to a request by a group or individual to hire the campsite, accommodation or activity facilities at Harmergreen. A booking may also include activities undertaken with our partner suppliers whilst at Harmergreen. The ‘Group Leader’ refers to the individual with whom Harmergreen deals with in relation to a booking. Harmergreen will regard the Group Leader as having final responsibility for all matters relating to a booking, including payment of fees. ‘The Centre Manager’ refers to the Centre Manager of Harmergreen and/or the Assistant Manager or any person working on or behalf of Harmergreen Wood.
2. A booking for a camp at Harmergreen can be reserved for 14 days by phone or e-mail. A booking for accommodation, day visit and/or an activity at Harmergreen can be reserved for 14 days only. The booking form and deposit must be received within this period for the booking to be confirmed. A receipt confirming the booking will be sent to the Group Leader. If a booking form and deposit is not received within the relevant time period your booking will be regarded as cancelled.
3. All prices exclude VAT at the current rate. Where applicable, VAT at the current rate will be added to fees.
4. The deposit specified in the price list must accompany all bookings. The deposit is not refundable.
5. The final payment for a booking must be made 14 days before the booking commences, unless arrangements for delayed payment have been made in advance between the Centre Manager and the Group Leader. In such cases, the final payment for a booking must be made by the date agreed. At the discretion of the Centre Manager, Scout and Guide accounts may be settled on the day of departure.
6. Late payments will incur a charge of £10.00 plus interest at the rate of 10% per week or part thereof.
7. Payments may be made by cash, cheque issued by your group or organisation, by credit or debit cards or by electronic funds transfer. All cheques should be made payable to ‘Harmergreen Wood’ and crossed ‘Account Payee only’. Credit and debit cards are subject to a minimum spend of £5. Receipts will be issued for all payments in respect of bookings. Any cheques returned not cleared by our bankers will be subject to a £25.00 charge.
8. Failure to comply with our payment terms may result in your booking being cancelled and you being liable for the total cost. Any additions to numbers or activities 28 days or less before or on the day of the booking will be added to the total and a final invoice will be issued to you before the end of your booking. This is payable before departure.
9. Cancellations must be made in writing to Harmergreen. The acknowledgement sent by Harmergreen will state the effective date of the cancellation. In the event of a cancellation the following charges will apply:
More than 60 days before commencement date – Loss of deposit
60 – 29 days before commencement date – 50% of total cost
28 – 1 days before commencement date – 100% total cost
On or after the commencement date – 100% total cost
10. The percentages listed above refer to the total cost of the booking. However, the deposit will be forfeited in full even if it should be more than the subsequent total due. Note: Insurance to cover cancellation should be arranged.
11. Harmergreen reserves the right to cancel, alter, or delay any camp, course, accommodation or activity where forced to do so by circumstances beyond our control, such as serious illness, severe weather or any other circumstances which would subject Harmergreen or any of its employees or any of its participants to danger.
12. Harmergreen reserves the right to send away from a camp or activity, any person who in their judgement is found to be unmanageable or a danger to the safety or enjoyment of others. In this event no refund will be given. Any additional costs and responsibility involved in removing the participant will be borne by the group.
13. Participants must be physically fit to take part in camps and activities at Harmergreen and free from any illness or conditions that may render the camp or activity hazardous. Participants in water-based activities must be able to swim 50 metres fully clothed as specified by Scout Association rules. It is the responsibility of the Group Leader to ensure that only those who comply with this rule participate in water activities. Other activities may require the wearing of safety equipment such as helmets or buoyancy aids. Where such equipment is specified by Harmergreen, participants must wear it at all times during the activity. Certain activities are only suitable for specific age groups and these age restrictions must be adhered to. Harmergreen accepts no responsibility when groups fail to adhere to these rules.
14. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the ‘Roles and Responsibilities’’ documents for groups at the centre. Some activities are potentially dangerous if not skilfully managed. Safety must therefore be paramount and all participants must accept that the decision of the activity instructor is final and must at all times be accepted by the participants. Harmergreen will accept no liability for problems arising from failure to accept and/or respond to the authority and instructions of the instructor.
15. Any and all photographs, videos, or other recorded media may be used by Harmergreen for marketing or advertising purposes without any payment or compensation being offered and without any request being made to the featured parties.
16. No Liability is accepted for:
Loss of or damage to any personal property belonging to or travelling with the members of any group. For example; watches, jewellery, cameras or clothing.
Losses or additional expenses due to delays or changes in travel services, sickness, weather, strikes, riots, war, quarantine or any other cause.
Personal injury or death of any participants however caused unless by proven negligence of the company.
17. In the event of any damages caused by participants to property or equipment in use by Harmergreen, except by fair wear and tear, the group will be charged the full replacement cost. Any damages must be reported to a member of Harmergreen staff immediately.
18. It is the responsibility of the Group Leader to ensure that all areas (including buildings and campsites) used by their group are left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of a booking.
19. All information given in any literature produced by or on behalf of Harmergreen is correct at the time of going to press. It is given in good faith and is intended as a guide to accommodation, camping and activity facilities available and may be altered without notice to suit differing seasonal or other conditions.
20. If you have any complaint during your booking, please notify Reception. We will do our utmost to find a speedy and satisfactory solution. In the event that you are not satisfied with the solution please complain in writing to The Centre Manager within 14 days of the end of your booking.
21. For the comfort, health and safety of all concerned, smoking is forbidden during any of the activities. Smoking will only be permitted in smoking areas at relevant times in the programme. Smoking will only be permitted by persons over 18 years of age.
22. NO alcohol may be consumed during any activities. Alcohol may be consumed during leisure time as stated in the programme by persons over the age of 18 only. Under NO circumstances will anyone under the influence of alcohol be permitted to participate in any activity organised by Harmergreen.
23. Harmergreen Wood is covered by all necessary insurances.
24. It is the responsibility of all leaders to ensure that everyone over the age of 18, staying overnight at Harmergreen has a current clear DBS check.
GROUP LEADER DECLARATION:
I have sent the outstanding deposit to confirm my current booking and understand it is non-refundable. I also understand additional deposits may be required should I amend my booking.
All adults in my party have been deemed suitable by our organisation to work with young people and they will abide by the Scout Association's child protection code. Those staying overnight have a valid DBS check (Proof of this may be required).
I have a Nights Away Camp Permit / Guide Camping or Pack Holiday License / Event Passport (Patrol camp) and my District Commissioner has been informed of the camp / visit, as applicable.
I understand that although the facilities are available on site, my group will be responsible for its own first aid provision.
I understand that final numbers and programme must be confirmed 28 days before our visit, with the final balance due before departure.
We have read the HCSC Covid safe risk assessments and procedures and agree compliance to them is a condition of use of HCSC centres.
We acknowledge completion of any risk assessments submissions/additional requirements specific to our own parent or governing body in relation to Covid safe operation during our visit to HCSC centres is our responsibility.